Thunderbird Energetica exposed itself to the elements today in Hawaii. Here is a brief overview of the amazing day:
1. Breakfast: ManCakes. Enough said, right? Pancakes + Man = ManCakes. Pre race food mania!
2. Athlete check in at the Ironman hotel! Katie is officially here in the eyes of Ironman World Championship producers. Checking in was eventful… she got an amazing backpack full of inferior energy bars. Rather than fretting about the situation, Thunderbird replaced all Powerbars samples with Thunderbird products.
3. Recovery ride down Alii Drive. Not only were we honked out for being stunning, but were told "nice threads" on two occasions. Yep, nice threads is right, brah.
4. Thunderbird promo stop at Bike Works. We stopped by the shop to promote our nice threads and intimidate competitors.
5. Cave stop. WHAT? Amazing.
6. BEACH TIME. buggy boarding and beach volleyball.
7. Luau. Fire throwers, unearthing of a pig, belly dancers…. Sheer American entertainment